Acrobatics of the Heart, 2017:
An Immersion in Grotowski-based Performance Training
A Practicum for Teachers of Performance
The development of our civilization and culture, has pushed us in the direction of taming everything… animals, trees… and ourselves… [and] we have lost something, something ‘untamed’.”
Jerzy Grotowski, 1970
12-Day Performer Training:
July 30 – August 11, 2017
- Physical work (cat, corporels, plastiques)
- Image work, voice work, presence work, and application of the training to text
- Applying the physical work to scenes
- Outdoor and late-night training sessions
- Discussions/lectures on practice
- Read More
5-Day Pedagogy Workshop:
August 11 – 16, 2017
- Open and supportive explorations of the power dynamics that teachers encounter with their students.
- The essential principles which underpin the pedagogy of Grotowski-based physical acting.
- Practice teaching time during which each participant will lead a class and receive practical feedback.
- Read More
The 2017 workshop is taking place at Earthdance, an artist-run residency and retreat center located in the Berkshire hills of Western Massachusetts. The 125 acres of land and facilities provide a beautiful and rustic environment that includes beautiful studio spaces, sauna, and hiking trails.
Includes food and lodging
Performer Training: $2,000
Pedagogy Workshop: $750
Performer Training and Pedagogy Workshop: $2,600
Special early bird discount: 10% discount for all applications fully paid before May 1st.
Payment plans can be arranged.