Due to faculty artistic commitments we won’t be able to offer the official Acrobatics of the Heart workshop in 2018, but are pleased to share other training opportunities offered by our faculty and an extremely exciting project with Stephen Wangh:
Stephen Wangh Training Video
This Summer we’re starting production on creating a training video with Stephen Wangh that will include details of the physical exercises, and documentary footage of students learning how to apply those exercises to their text and scene work. It will also have a special commentary track for teachers and directors who want to understand how to use this training in their classrooms and rehearsals.
Contact Us to stay updated on the video as it develops.
Summer Training in New York City, USA with Erica Fae
Tuesdays & Thursdays, June 19 – July 12 (9am-noon) & Fridays, July 6 & 13 (evenings)
Erica Fae will lead a month-long class in Grotowski-based work; deeply exploring the physical training and linking it to awareness practices and emotional work for the actor.
Summer Training on Bowen Island, BC, Canada with Raïna von Waldenburg and Wendy Vanden Heuvel
July 17 – 27, 2018
Immerse yourself in 9 hours of training per day in the lush natural beauty of Bowen Island, for a deep-dive into a psycho-physical approach to performance training based on the work of Jerzy Grotowski.
12-Day Performer Training:
- Physical work (cat, corporels, plastiques)
- Image work, voice work, presence work, and application of the training to text
- Applying the physical work to scenes
- Outdoor and late-night training sessions
- Discussions/lectures on practice
- Read More
5-Day Pedagogy Workshop:
- Open and supportive explorations of the power dynamics that teachers encounter with their students.
- The essential principles which underpin the pedagogy of Grotowski-based physical acting.
- Practice teaching time during which each participant will lead a class and receive practical feedback.
- Read More